- Architects: Weedon Architects, Birmingham.
- Main Contractor: BAM Construction
- Client: RT Group Developments (Snowhill) Ltd
- value: £250,000
- On Site: January – July 2018 to November 2019
Ryedale Interiors won this project in a fiercely competitive market place helped by the fact that we had previously carried out the GRG columns on Snowhill 1 and 2 next to No 3. This new uber modern 18 storey glass office space completes the Snowhill development in Birmingham with its iconic sloping glass facades and striking night time lighting.
Ryedale Interiors undertook a full site survey and produced all the CAD detail drawings prior to manufacturing the GRG casings in Leeds. The GRG casts were fixed to the lightweight support framework installed by Ryedale Interiors. Around 800 No individual GRG plaster casts were manufactured in our workshop in Leeds for the project – these had to be delivered to site on a “just in time” basis and co-ordinated with other trades.
The 80m high central atrium provided difficult access issues, eventually settling for a suspended cradle system supported from the 18th floor, not for the faint hearted!
Site progress issues for BAM meant the works were carried in two distinct phases, but the BAM Construction site team were more than pleased with the results.
- 249 No 800mm diameter GRG casings with 10 x 10mm feature rebates.
- Brushed stainless-steel skirtings details.
- Columns installed over 20 floor levels.
- GRG casings installed to four internal corners of the 80 metre high central atrium.
- Tricky delivery and site logistics.