- Architects: BG Architects
- Main Contractor: GHI Contracts Ltd
- Client: Intu Centre, Braehead
- Approx. value; £200,000
- On Site: Feb 17 —Jun 2017
Dramatic GRG space trees installed in the entrance to the Xscape Ski Centre inside of the intu Centre at Braehead, Glasgow.
We won this project via a competitive pitch to design, manufacture and install nine glass reinforced gypsum (GRG) elliptical space trees and GRG circular columns. The highly visual trees were approx. 8.0 x 5.0m on plan and stood around 4.50m high, having one radius end and one elliptical end. Each tree was made up of twenty-two different casts, all seamlessly stitched together on site. Each of the CAD detailing images were done in house at Ryedale Interiors’ Leeds HQ prior to manufacturing.
- Technical radius and elliptical mould manufacture.
- Bespoke metal suspension system installed.
- Seamless flowing finish required.
This GRG project won the Gold Award in the FIS Scottish Awards 2018.