- Architects: Leach Rhodes Walker Architects
- Main Contractor: VINCI Construction UK
- Client: intu Trafford Centre
- Approx. value: £1.75m
- On Site: November 2018 to March 2020
Ryedale Interiors won this competitive tender in June 2018 after impressing main contractor VINCI Construction UK with our history of exquisite and detailed cast plasterworks.
Ryedale Interiors carried out the design, manufacture, and installation of 8000 glass reinforced gypsum casts to support the restoration and redevelopment of the historic Manchester retail destination.
The centrepiece attraction of the Barton Square project is the new 36m diameter central domed area, for which Ryedale created the ornate plasterwork, incorporating the high-level circular centre mural feature which is sat 30m up above the ornate fountain. Six decorative GRG petals drop into a large classical cornice detail around the dome’s base.
Ryedale also installed cornices, Greek key mouldings and column casings to match those installed in the courtyards and malls.
Whilst the initial design concepts were developed once again by Leach Rhodes Walker Architects, Ryedale Interiors developed the design and produced around 100 CAD detail drawings for the Barton Square cast plasterwork.
- 100 CAD detail drawings produced
- Six decorative GRG petals
- 20 experienced installers on site at the peak
- Production of 250 moulds and 8000 GRG casts